The New Zealand Privacy Act 2020 requires us to tell you certain things about the personal information we need to collect to carry out our services – and how we undertake to store, protect and use it. At Adorn Aesthetics, your privacy is important to us and we take the responsibility of handling your personal information very seriously.
Our assurance to you
- We only collect personal information where this is necessary to provide our services to you.
- We store all our data (including your personal information) securely.
- We protect our data with all reasonable technical and process controls. You can ask us for a copy of your personal information at any time.
- We will only use and share personal information where necessary to carry out the functions for which we collected it, or if required by law.
- If you have concerns about the way we are managing your personal information, then please contact us at any time.
Adorn Aesthetics is committed to protecting your privacy along with any personal information we collect. We recognise that individuals have a right to control how their personal information is collected and used. Personal information may mean some or all of the following: a client’s name; contact details; date of birth; emergency contact details; bank account and/or credit card details; other identification details; payment history; treatment details; before and after photographs and other sensitive information.
Collecting personal information
Adorn Aesthetics will not collect or monitor any personal information about an individual without their consent. We only collect personal information that is provided voluntarily by a client or prospective client. We collect personal information primarily to enable us to provide clients with our services. Adorn Aesthetics may also use the information for marketing to clients or for any other purpose permitted under the New Zealand Privacy Act 1993. You don’t need to identify yourself when you deal with us (e.g. to find out more about treatments or products) however, in certain situations (e.g. to provide you with treatment) we will only deal with individuals who have identified themselves to us.
You are not obligated to provide personal information, however if you don’t this may mean that Adorn Aesthetics is unable to provide services or products to you. Personal information is collected directly from clients or potential clients when they fill out a secure online form to become a client of Adorn Aesthetics. This information goes directly into their profile in our Timely software.
Collecting ‘sensitive’ information
Using and disclosing your personal information
Personal Information will be used for the following primary purposes:
- To fulfil a client’s request for, and Adorn Aesthetics’ agreement to provide, services, products and/or any other agreement between a client and Adorn Aesthetics;
- To render services to the client;
- To provide information about relevant products, services and/or special offers;
- To obtain opinions or comments about products and/or services from members;
- To record statistical (only) data for marketing analysis from clients.
Adorn Aesthetics recognise the trust with which individuals provide personal information, and such information will not be used or disclosed for any other purposes without consent, except in exceptional cases when disclosure may be required by law or is necessary to protect the rights or property of Adorn Aesthetics, or any member of the public, or to lessen a serious threat to a person’s health or safety. We will never, ever sell your data to anyone.
Contact by Adorn Aesthetics
Adorn Aesthetics does not send advertising information without obtaining prior consent. If an individual receives communications from Adorn Aesthetics which they do not wish to receive, they may ask us to remove their name from our mailing list by contacting Adorn Aesthetics – either directly or via the contact page on our website.
Your right of access
Individuals have the right to review their own personal and/or sensitive information that may be recorded on the Adorn Aesthetics database (by submitting a written request). You may ask us to delete or amend your personal and/or sensitive information. All reasonable steps will be taken to delete the information, except where it is required for legal reasons, which includes, but is not limited to, the proper maintenance of medical and health records.
Storage and security of personal and/or sensitive information
Adorn Aesthetics takes all reasonable steps to keep recorded personal information secure and to keep this information accurate and up to date. Adorn Aesthetics are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal and/or sensitive information we hold and only authorised personnel are permitted to access your information. Personal information will only be disclosed to third parties where we have the appropriate authority. We destroy or de-identify personal information that we no longer need or we are no longer required by law to keep, wherever possible.
Links to other websites
Adorn Aesthetics sometimes provides links to websites outside of our own site – where we feel these may be of interest to clients. These linked sites are not under the control of Adorn Aesthetics and we are not responsible for the conduct of companies linked to our website, or for the performance or otherwise of any content and/or software contained in such external websites.
Use of tracking technologies
We use tracking cookies to understand how you use our website and to offer you the most appropriate products and services.
We collect the following information about your use of our website (though please note we make no efforts to associate this with your identity):
- Your IP address
- The search terms you used
- The pages you accessed on our website and the links you clicked on
- The date and time you visited the site
- The referring site (if any) through which you clicked to our website
- Your operating system (such as Windows 10)
- The type of web browser you use (such as Mozilla Firefox)
See our cookies policy for more information about the cookies we use on our website.