Adorn Aesthetics is a boutique clinic based in Masterton that provides Anti-Wrinkle injections along with medical grade skincare.
Our treatments are provided by Registered Nurse (RN) Angelique Turner who is fortunate to be working under the guidance and support of Dr Paul Weaver.
We believe that we should all have the opportunity to look as great as we feel. Our passion and commitment for equity in access to aesthetic medicine is reflected in our price structure. We believe that looking good is not for the privileged few.
Our Masterton based clinic is situated in a tranquil rural setting with a dedicated home-based therapy room. This ensures comfort and privacy within a safe and professional environment.
Our services are open for men and women in a confidential and private setting.
How does it work?
The purpose of this treatment is to relax certain facial muscles in order to minimise or remove dynamic lines and smooth the skin.
When you arrive for your appointment, you will be given a health questionnaire to fill out which will include a comprehensive medical history. Treatment areas will be discussed and any questions you may have will be answered. You will then need to sign a consent form prior to treatment.
During the treatment, small doses of Xeomin® (incobotulinumtoxinA) will be injected into the muscles that cause dynamic wrinkles and require treatment. The treatment does not require any anaesthetic, and patients generally feel minimal discomfort.
Following the after-care instructions below are important and will minimise the risks and side effects of treatment. They include:
- To prevent the botulinum toxin from moving to other muscles, don't rub the area (gentle cleansing the night after treatment is fine) or lie flat on your back or on your face for 2-4 hours following treatment.
- Ensuring you continue to use your facial muscles as often as possible in the 1 hour post treatment.
- To help prevent infection don't rub or touch the injection sites for a minimum of 2 hours and don't do anything dusty or dirty - like clean your garage!
- To help minimise brushing don't do anything to get your heart pumping such as exercise. Avoid medication such as aspirin, anti-inflammatories, or other medication with anti-coagulant properties for up to 2 hours post treatment.
- If you have any concerns, contact us as soon as possible.
Following an initial consultation and treatment, a follow up appointment two weeks post treatment may be needed to assess and address any touch ups that may be required. This is generally only required after the first treatment whilst we get to know your individual muscle strengths.